Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ring Around the Rosie


I've been making rings by request for a new class.
It is really quite fun to experiment.



Of course, I have no idea what size rings I'm making.
I just stitch what I like.
And I like this Turquoise ring. It's made with 11/o seed beads
and some 13/o Charlottes
given me by my friend Diane. Thanks!



This ring is kind of gothic, with the burgundy and black seed beads
and a round Swarovski Crystal.


And here is my version of refined/ sophisticated.
A very simple and strong design with an amethyst colored Swarovski in the center.
The dark green- blue seed beads play nicely with the plummy purples.

I have also been playing with iPhoto, as seen in the cute little borders and frames.
It's quite simple, which works for me.

On a side note, my 4 year old is continually going into my room/ tiny bead studio and wreaking mad havoc EVERYWHERE.
She has learned to break seed beads with a chain nose plier, which is a helpful technique to remove a bad bead or mistake from the middle of a piece.
She has broken seed beads from the middle of my two newest finished pieces, which did not NEED beads to be removed.
So, I had two new necklaces to show you, but now...
not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment