Monday, August 24, 2009

Finish it up, Put it away


Last night I wanted to relax and play cards. When I walked into my bedroom to grab a deck, I saw how messy my studio "area" was and I was compelled to act. I thought for a moment, can I just sit down and make something and skip the clean up? No, I had to deal with the chaos of bead and thread first. I made my sweet husband help me sort through everything, he provided much moral support. In very little time, I had my desk ship shape and ready to support more creative endeavors. I am so happy I organized!

Now that I was organized, I got back to work on this right angle weave piece I started creating a couple days ago. I made a base of right angle with delicas, then began embellishing with freshwater pearls and some coppery faceted glass.




You can see in this picture the base on the back, with the next layer of embellishment on the front. I love the how well the golden tones of the pearls blend with the matte gold delicas. I finished by weaving more delicas and 15/o seeds along the center and each edge, which gave it more structure and body.


I also added a third faceted glass bead between the other two in each of those rows, for a little more interest. It has an antique copper-finish pewter heart clasp. Hearts aren't my fave, but the color works great, and I had it laying around, so why not?


Overall, I am pleased with this bracelet, especially how comfortable it is on the wrist. I wanted a simple project, something I could just design as I went along without too much forethought, and that's what I did. Fun and relaxing can be rejuvenating, organizing can be rejuvenating, too. Maybe tonight I'll feel more up to a big bead challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment