Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hard at work on Photography

I have been trying to photograph some pieces to start selling online, trying trying trying. But... life keeps making other priorities for me. Had to run to the property assessors office to file for tax stuff, picked up forms from the pediatrician so the big girl can go to school, had a power outage, and the two year old wouldn't sleep last night until 2 a.m. Whew, how do I find time for my jewelry? Here are some of my efforts. I am not sure I like the results, but I am learning!



I really like the earthy jasper with the pine cone from my front yard. I am having a hard time with lighting... not sure where to put the lights!
















The pine cone wearing a bracelet and then some pearl and sterling earrings.





I think this calcite pendant has an old fashioned feel to it, but I'm not sure how to make the picture feel more old fashioned. Maybe I should shoot it with a piece of my grandmother's crocheted lace.

I'll keep trying, and post my next batch of results. I'm beginning to think I need a new camera, and new camera skills. I have a digital photography book around here somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah photography is so hard. Maybe you need a lightbox? I never made one but I've read that you can fairly easily and cheaply. A good camera (not the best but good) with a macro setting is key. You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete