Thursday, August 20, 2009

Getting Started

This is my "Empress Bracelet". It is made from 15/0, 11/0, and 8/0 hex cut japanese seed beads, as well as very pale blue topaz rondelles and grey freshwater pearls with a Bali sterling silver clasp. I sewed it using C-Lon thread and size 13 needles.

I used several different stitches, including chevron, right angle weave, and picot. The surface embellishment was the last step, and the most difficult, but very satisfying.

I wear this bracelet anytime I want to be identified as a beader... because people always notice it! I think of this as my signature piece.

I started this blog as a way to share my art and the process I use to make it. I hope to share my inspirations, mistakes, and finished pieces. I am without a camera currently :( so any jewelry pictures will be from my HP scanner, which is truly an HP and VERY cranky.

No comments:

Post a Comment