Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Ice Empress


I finished the Ice Empress Bracelet this afternoon, marking the first afternoon that my two girls let me get some beading done with them nearby, without any accidents. I am so relieved that I was able to have a few beads around the kids and no grabbing or messing around.

Anyway, I am proud of this piece, I felt confident during the entire creative process.




I used lots of little faceted Labradorite buttons, grey peacock freshwater pearl flat irregular chips, white freshwater pearls, and lots of different seed beads including 15/o, 11/0, and 8/o hex cuts. Woven with c-lon thread with a size 12 needle, the thread shredded many times and I had to add and end threads constantly, despite applying and reapplying Thread Heaven frequently. This was tricky as it filled up those beads holes so that I could barely get the needle to go through for the last pass.




I started the base for this bracelet with a chevron chain, then weaved a row of right angle on each side of the strip. I added the clasp and the outside row of Pearls on the next pass. Then I added the diagonal embellishments to the right angle weave boxes. Lastly, I added the Labradorite and more Pearls to the center row.




It measures 1.25 in wide by 7.5 in long. I think it would look lovely on a bride. I would wear it if I could marry my fantastic husband again.

1 comment:

  1. This website is great! Congratulations Jaime! You know I am a big fan of your jewelery. You have a nice talent for this type of art. It shows through your jewelery, all the love and hard work put into the pieces. Keep up the good work and I will be purchasing from you in the near future.
    Jonny O.

    ReplyDelete